Return Visits…

by agirlandhermutt on July 17, 2010

The heat finally settled down for a few minutes last night so The Scientist and I took advantage of it with a little patio dining.

We headed over to Brookline so that he could try out American Craft, which I’ve actually been to before with some of my friends.

Our meal wasn’t the best ever this go round, but we did enjoy a few fun beers.

I love DARK beers. The thicker, the better.

Beer looks so pretty in the glass, doesn’t it?! All nice and cold. Just asking to be gulped down!

Sneaky, sneaky with the camera!

Our food wasn’t that memorable in general (bummer!), but we did get the chance to try out…wait for it…gazpacho! Surprised?! Nah. I didn’t think so. This time it was watermelon gazpacho, which was described by our server as “out of this world!”. If by out of this world he really meant “way to sweet to be eaten before a meal!” then I’m on board with this description. That dollop of white junk is greek yogurt. *Shudder*

I learned two things while eating this soup.

1. I DO NOT like watermelon.

2. Some things are better left alone. Gazpacho=tomatoes. Let it be.

Hey, lesson learned, right? Now I know!

Hope you all had a great Saturday night! Tomorrow I’m hitting up the gym early and then hoping to get Kork out and about.

Question of the day: What is one item that you will ALWAYS order if you see it on a menu? Mine is obviously gazpacho, a lobster roll or a veggie burger. ANY TIME. I MUST ORDER.

Michelle July 19, 2010 at 6:25 am

The very tasty French Dip sandwich…although most times they are quite disappointing because I had high expectations from my sandwiches, they can always be salvaged with enough Au Jus.

agirlandhermutt July 19, 2010 at 8:19 am

Good point!A dish that can be salvaged by one of its parts is always a plus and a guaranteed winner!

Jill@MySoCalledHealthLife July 19, 2010 at 8:55 am

If I see sweet potatoes fries they HAVE to be all mine!!

Yummy on the beer front too 🙂

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans July 19, 2010 at 9:43 am

Hmm, I’m not sure if I have one item that I always order now but in the past Greek salad was a big one. (I miss feta big time!!)

Noelle July 19, 2010 at 9:53 am

I am a Coors Light girl. LOL I know to all you dark beer lovers it’s water. I happen to adore water as well LOL I really don’t have a favorite that I always order. I have ‘a’ favorite at each of the restaurants I love. 🙂 I know! Coors Light or Water is something I order at every place I go LOL

Dorry July 19, 2010 at 11:50 am

If ceviche is on the menu at a Mexican restaurant, I simply have to try it!

Priscilla July 19, 2010 at 3:48 pm

The “scientist” huh? I guess my code for “J” would be “the architect”:) cute blog!! hope ur well

Andrea@CeleryInTheCity July 19, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Hmm..I always order any type of chocolate dessert, if there’s chocolate in it..I’m going to get it!

I wish I knew more about beers, I stick to Stella and Blue Moon.