Getting out and about!

by agirlandhermutt on July 31, 2010

It is absolutely gorgeous in Boston! Seriously. This is the weather that I complain about never having. Korky is feeling much better today so we are taking the opportunity with the beautiful weather to hit up the park and do some much needed outdoor activities.Tough life I have, huh?

But first…last night The Scientist and I decided to give a sushi place near us a try. He and I have been big fans of SuperFusion for years so it is hard for us to branch out. You stick with what you know, right? Well, last night we branched out to try out a place we have walked by TONS of times, Sapporo in Newton Centre.

We started out by splitting the Avocado Salad. I’m one of those people that honestly loves salads. Fresh veggies? Sign me up!

They earned some serious points by automatically brining the salad out with the dressing on the side. There is nothing worse than ruining a good salad by drenching it in thick dressing.

I know I have mentioned that I’m not a big dressing fan, but there is something magical about carrot ginger dressing. I could OD on this stuff.

The sushi choices for the night included an avocado, spicy tuna and a New Wave maki.

I have to admit that the sushi wasn’t horrible. For some reason I was convinced it was going to be awful. You know, that whole stick with what you know problem. The rice was a bit chewy for my taste but the fish was fresh, the avocado green, and the rolls a nice size. Two thumbs up.

Overall, a nice little night out. I’ve been suffering on and off for the past few days with a migraine so it was nice to have a night off from a throbbing headache.

I hope you all have a great day!

Question of the day: What is the weather like in your area? Is it hot and humid? or Cool and comfortable?

PS. Last day to enter the PB2 giveaway! I’ll be announcing the winner tomorrow afternoon!

Krista @ Can't Survive on Yarn Alone July 31, 2010 at 10:58 am

If you like sushi you are going to love the South Loop = location of the HLS. I can think of at least four sushi places within walking distance. I can’t rate them though bc not a sushi person.

agirlandhermutt July 31, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I need to get my little schedule together! The last sushi place I went to in Chicago was “eh” and I’m looking for “yum!”

Krista July 31, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Tamarind – 614 S Wabash
(Wabash is one block west of Michigan)
I’ve had good Asian/Asian fusion food there.

Osaka Sushi Express – 600 S Michigan
Amazing fruit smoothies & good quality edamame for $2 – cash only though for stuff under $5 (min cred/deb card possible)

Oysi Sushi – 888 S Michigan
Tried sweet potato maki. The seaweed grossed me out. Inside was good though.

Thai Spoon & Sushi – 601 S Wabash
Been here once and only for stirfry. dunno w sushi.

agirlandhermutt July 31, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Thank you so much for the recommendations!!!

Kaz July 31, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I’m glad the sushi didn’t disappoint. I have pretty high standards for sushi, too, but I pretty much like all kinds of (vegetarian) rolls. 😀

It’s cool and sunny here. High 50s, low 60s, maybe? It’s nice out. =)

Jen August 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm

There’s really only one good sushi place around here. But, thank goodness for that because then I’d really be seafood deprived!

Weather is 81, sunny, and dry. Though, the usual afternoon T-storms are rolling in off the mountain right now. Other than FL, I’ve never seen lightning storms like we have here! Super cool 😀

agirlandhermutt August 2, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Rolling in off the mountains?! That sounds so lovely.