Cartoons Make Me Smile…

by agirlandhermutt on August 3, 2010

I am secretly (or possibly not secretly!) a 5 year old trapped in a 30 year old woman’s body. I have *many* aspects of my personality that make me believe I’m missing a crucial maturity gene. One such personality…my taste in movies.

Tonight I indulged those 5 year old tendencies with a trip to the movies with my partner in crime for the night, Karen! The movie for the night was Despicable Me!

I’ve been dying to see this movie and tonight was the last night for the great 2-for-1 special at the local theatre. Oh my gosh! If you haven’t seen this movie yet you need to RUN to the theatre. Seriously! The combo of Steve Carell, Jason Segal and Russell Brand was fantastic. All funny on their own, but in this movie they just sang to me.

Just so everyone is aware, I will own this movie in the future. I will watch it over and over in a very creepy way. I will be checking in to make sure you have all watched it.

Before the movie I took a minute to hang out with the pup out in the yard so he could run around. I enjoyed a seltzer in my brand spankin’ new glass from Saranac while the pup acted like a nut.

He was quite busy laying around and trying to catch some type of bug. I think the bug won.

How did it get to be Tuesday already?! I’m beat!

Dorry August 3, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I really want to see this movie!! I’ll try to convince Billy to go with me. 🙂 I’ll bribe him with chocolate and popcorn if he resists. 🙂

agirlandhermutt August 3, 2010 at 11:11 pm

He won’t be disappointed! *Take the chocolate and popcorn Billy!*

Kaz August 4, 2010 at 2:42 am

I keep meaning to see Despicable Me, but something keeps coming up. You’ve convinced me — I need to see it. I must. 😀

I’m the same way, btw — I’m 25 (26 in a couple weeks!) and I still think, to a certain degree, that I’m a child. 😀 I think that just makes people like you and me extra fun, though. Heh.

Kristina August 4, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I’m weird about movie theaters… so we watch most movies either at home or in the second – run theaters we have – the brew & views (my favorite!) 🙂

anyway – I LOVE Jason Segal and the other two are funny… I’ll be seeing this 🙂

I’ll go watch with Dorry if she’s using chocolate and popcorn as bribing tools 🙂

Stina @ Girl Can August 4, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I LOVED Dispicable Me! It was so amazing!

“It’s so FLUFFY!!!!”

Have you seen Toy Story 3?

agirlandhermutt August 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I didn’t get a chance. I HAVE to see it!

Emily @ Beyond The TextBook August 5, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I LOVED Despicable Me! I was literally cracking up laughing the whole time. I definitely want to see it again! (and again!)

Noelle August 10, 2010 at 11:02 am

My sister just did my 7 y/o nephews birthday party at the movie theatre! They all loved it and laughed like crazy! I can’t wait to see it!