Out of control…

by agirlandhermutt on August 6, 2010

My recycling for this week is out of control. Well, honestly, it isn’t exactly my recycling, but more that I keep getting things in the mail and I have all the boxes piled up in my living room. Lovely huh?!

Who lives like this?! I promise I’m not addicted to online shopping. *EEK!*

Last night was dedicated to getting my apartment back in working order.  I’ve been totally swamped with work and such that my house has suffered. Have you ever noticed that the minute your kitchen is out of order, the rest of your house is in disarray? How does this happen? I finally got my butt in the kitchen, cleaned up and added some much needed brightness to the place.

The Scientist has a knack for picking out the exact flowers that will make me smile. 🙂

After a full night of cleaning and getting everything in it’s place, it was time for a quick & easy meal. Whole wheat rotini, a little pesto sauce, and a nice glass of COLD wine. Mmmm…

In other random news, can we talk about the book I picked up at the library?

Yes! It is really called There Once Lived a Woman Who Tried To Kill Her Neighbor’s Baby. I totally didn’t even notice until I got a strange look on the train the other day. I am the creepy book reader this week! This book is a collection of short, but scary tales. I’m really enjoying it! This was a good way to get back into reading for enjoyment, which doesn’t happen much when I’m in school. Boooo.

Oh, and I realize that it wasn’t exactly kicking around the AGAHM site, but I hope I made it up to you with the super stellar recipe from SpaBettie!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Any book recommendations?! Any and all are accepted.

Stina @ Girl Can August 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm

First of all, you don’t even want to see my recycling pile. I don’t have recycling pick-up at my condo so I’m responsible for dropping it off somewhere. I take it to my parent’s house since they have pick-up service, but I ALWAYS forget to take the bags with me when I go over there. I have literally 7 paper grocery bags full of recycling right now!

I never really noticed it before, but now that you’ve mentioned it, you’re totally right. As soon as my kitchen is a disaster my whole house goes to shambles! I always start cleaning in the kitchen too.

Finally, I’m definitely going to have to check out that book. I love scary stories!

agirlandhermutt August 6, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I’m so impressed that you save yours to take to your parents! I just have to put mine on the curb on Fridays and I sometimes forget to do that!

Kaz August 6, 2010 at 3:08 pm

He got you flowers? How sweet! =)

Yeah, why is that, when the kitchen is a disaster zone, that’s when you notice that the rest of your house looks like you live like a slob? I find that my entire house looks much cleaner if I just load the dishwasher and wipe down the counters on a daily basis. It’s like my entire house revolves around my kitchen or something. Heh. 😀

agirlandhermutt August 7, 2010 at 9:51 am

I have to do this before bed or I think about it while I’m trying to sleep!

Aimee August 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Don’t feel too badly about your recycle pile. You should see ours. It has taken over my side of the garage and I have to park outside because of it. Tons of big huge boxes to break down! LOL.

Agreed about the kitchen. As the kitchen goes, so does the house.

Gerbers are my favorite flower in the entire world. I had them for my wedding bouquet. Sounds like the Scientist is a keeper for bringing you those! 😉

agirlandhermutt August 7, 2010 at 9:52 am

Thank you Aimee! I feel so much better!

Gerbers make me smile. I love that you had them in your bouquet!!!

Kristina August 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm

this is one area where I am freakishly controlled – I love to receive packages, sending packages, opening packages… and I think part of that is the breakdown of boxes and saving packing material… so I can send more packages!! 🙂 I open the box and break it down right then, and then look at the goodies 🙂

We have a HUGE recycling container and it’s pretty easy for me to walk outside to the back deck and recycle.

…I’m sure I’d be using it as furniture if we didn’t have a service to pick it up 🙂

beautiful flowers – lucky girl ! 🙂

Happy Weekend!

agirlandhermutt August 7, 2010 at 9:53 am

I need you to come live at my house! Get me organized!!!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans August 6, 2010 at 4:05 pm

That’s so sweet that you got flowers. I love when my BF surprises me. I used to think that I wasn’t a flower kinda girl but I totally am!!

Dorry August 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I love Gerber daisies! So cheerful. I hope you have awesome weekend!

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen August 6, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Flowers are food…for your soul!

agirlandhermutt August 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Lovely! I totally agree!

Lynn @ The Next Chapter August 6, 2010 at 9:41 pm

My spare room is piled with boxes too. Must clean soon! And yup, once the kitchen is a mess the rest of the house seems to get out of control fast. 🙁

Lovely flowers!

Book Reco – American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

Kristina August 7, 2010 at 11:57 am

this is a list of My Favorite Books:

ALL books by Augusten Burroughs <– my favorite

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Heat by Bill Buford

all books by Kristin Hannah

🙂

agirlandhermutt August 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm

What a great list! I’m a big fan of Burroughs. I need to read the more recent ones he has put out. I also loved Water for Elephants. We have similar taste in books! I’m going to check out the others. THANKS!

Jen August 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Ha! That looks like our recycling pile. Love Gerbers, so pretty.
Speaking of being out of control, that would be our book collection. I seem to by them faster than I can read! Here are a few I’ve read recently, none are new, but all are excellent:
The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
🙂

Noelle August 10, 2010 at 10:58 am

I am listening to 74 Seaside Ave. by Debbie Macomber and it’s not very good. I just finished one Oprah reccomended The Talented Mr Ripley and I didn’t like it either?? Up next is Eat, Pray Love!

Beautiful flowers! My kitchen is a complete mess at this moment in time. Yesterday I cleaned the entire basement and the upstairs suffered. I’ll clean it all today while the girls trash the basement LOL It never ends ’round here LOL

Your flowers are beautiful. I think I may love A for bringing them. That is such a sweet thing to do!