Girl Date!

by agirlandhermutt on August 7, 2010

Today was another beautiful day in Boston! My cuticles though? Not so much.

I decided to break out a girl date to the nail salon today to remedy the solution. My partner-in-crime for the day was the lovely Karen.

While I was relaxing up a storm, I sipped on a Zico Coconut Water. I loved this brand!

I noticed some other flavored coconut waters by this brand so I’m looking forward to trying those out. Have you ever had coconut water? It is a taste that takes a little getting used to but it is totally worth the effort. So refreshing and delightful! Plus, as another little bonus, it is pretty good for you too!

This woman works wonders.

While the toes were getting cleaned up Karen and I talked about the craziest pedicure that we had heard about that involves “Doctor Fish” eating the dead skin off your feet. *shudder* You HAVE to watch this video and read this article. Would you ever do anything like this?!

I didn’t need any fish for me to be super excited to have my cuticles all cleaned up.

After a few drying sessions, Karen and I headed down the street for a little lunch.

What? Yogurt can count as a meal! When we walked in Karen immediately saw this sign and we couldn’t stop laughing. Everything about this sign is cute and sad, all at the same time! Poor little Guinea Pig.

Mmm…YoTango!

Stellar manicure color, huh?

The rest of the day is dedicated to relaxing with the pup and getting back in the kitchen to doing a little cooking.

Question of the day: Are you a manicure/pedicure at a salon person or a DIY person?

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) August 7, 2010 at 11:53 pm

I’m jealous, I need a mani and pedi so bad! I am usually a DIY nail person, so when I actually do go to the salon it’s extra special.
I LOVE coconut water, but I have never tried Zico before. I usually drink Vita Coco which is pretty delicious. 🙂

Lynn @ The Next Chapter August 8, 2010 at 12:06 am

I love treating myself to a pedi! Doesn’t happen very often though. 😉 I saw that “doctor fish” pedi before too, no thanks. LOL

Looks like you and your friend had a fab Saturday!

Kaz August 8, 2010 at 3:20 am

It looks like a great date to me! I never had a pedicure before. I’m generally DIY, but I occasionally spring for a mani as a treat. 😀

I wouldn’t mind having those fish peck at my feet. I bet it tickles. x)

Lee August 8, 2010 at 9:18 am

I had some friends who did the fish pedicure thing in Thailand. They said it was cool. Weirds me out though!

newlywed August 8, 2010 at 10:12 am

Sounds like a fun day…anything involving JP Licks is fun in my opinion. I saw that guinea pig sign there too! I grew up owning lots of guinea pigs…and that sign has is just so cute.

Dorry August 8, 2010 at 11:26 am

Girl dates are awesome! I love a mani/pedi at the salon but don’t get them regularly…so it’s always a treat. 🙂

Kristina August 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm

pedicures are one of my favorite spa treatments… I get them sorta regularly… we had a dinner date with another couple last weekend, and I asked if they’d like to join Jason and I for a mani / pedi beforehand, so I took them all to my regular place – FUN ! 🙂

I hope the guinea pig + owner and reunited 🙂

agirlandhermutt August 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm

What a great group date!

Meg August 8, 2010 at 10:07 pm

They had Dr. Fish at the onsen near Topher’s place in Japan! I did it and quite enjoyed it. Topher had tried it on a previous outing.

agirlandhermutt August 8, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I should have known that you would have had this done!

Noelle Reese August 10, 2010 at 10:52 am

My good friend Euvah lives in Singapore right now and she gets the fish pedi all the time! I’m not so sure I could do it without screaming like a girl. Yesterday I took the girls shopping and the diaper bag was where the baby should have been and the baby was where the clothes go. Well all of a sudden an enormous grasshopper jumped up on the diaper bag. We shooed him and blew him and he would not budge. I was about to start screaming like a girl LOL Then a very nice man got him and he hopped off to bug someone else LOL I prefer the wildlife does their thing while I do mine. I am sadly a DIY’er but only because we can’t afford it anymore. I used to go every 2 weeks when I was pregnant!