The Kids Are All Right…

by agirlandhermutt on August 25, 2010

It has been raining for 4 days solid now. Not to the point of our flooding situation earlier this year (ugh), but enough to really just put a damper on the day. Pun intended.

The perfect cure for a dreary day? Pizza and a movie! Last night was 2-for-1 night at the movies, which I’m a big fan of. I went to see The Kids Are All Right with my pal, Cathy. Mark Ruffalo makes my heart go pitter patter.

I couldn’t very well watch a movie on an empty stomach so I made a pit stop past Belmont Pizza for a slice (or two).

They had a deal for 2 slices and a drink for $5. I love 2-for-1 Tuesdays! Belmont Pizza is an old pizza joint with great tasting pizza. Have you ever been to one of those places that has had so many additions to their menu over the years that they use pieces of paper taped all over the place? This was that place.

Lets be honest. 2 slices of greasy pizza probably wasn’t the best idea for my stomach, but it was stellar. It was just what I needed for a rainy night dinner.

When I sat down I saw a bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and had an idea.

I took a note from Mary from Fervent Foodie and dipped my pizza in the sauce. Holy crap! I had no idea this combo would do anything for me. I was soo wrong.

I scarfed down most of the pizza and then braved the rain to head over to the theatre. This movie theatre is independently owned and has a lot of “character”. I love the old school feel.

The movie was pretty good. I wasn’t really clear on what it was about before I went so that always helps with my expectations of movies. Ha! They are supposed to get Eat, Pray, Love next. I wasn’t a fan of the book, but I do love me some Julia Roberts.

Question of the day: How do you beat the rainy day blues?!

Dorry August 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Oh that pizza looks amazing – I can’t wait to visit NYC in October and have an authentic slice. There are a few places in Dallas that have pretty good pizza as well…hmmm, maybe pizza date for dinner tonight? It IS raining here today. 🙂

Rainy day blues = slippers, hot tea, possibly baking something and movies for sure!

mindy @ just a one girl revolution. August 25, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Movies are the best for rainy days! Otherwise, curling up with a blanket, some tea or coffee, and a good book. mmm…craving a good rainy day now (particularly one where I didn’t have to be in the office!)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 25, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I’ve been wanting to see that. Should I go to the theatre or wait for the DVD?

agirlandhermutt August 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Wait for the dvd. It was good, but nothing you couldn’t enjoy at home.

Mary @ Fervent Foodie August 25, 2010 at 3:36 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I’m so glad you too enjoy pizza with hot sauce!!!! Next up: bagel + cream cheese + hot sauce. Trust me. 😀

agirlandhermutt August 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I’m all over this!

Kristina @ spabettie August 25, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I have a serious affair going on with Frank (it’s okay, Jason knows about it… in fact, I think he does too). I add Frank to EVERYTHING, and I always have a backup bottle in the pantry.

Rainy day? I BAKE !! 🙂

agirlandhermutt August 25, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Can you come bake for me?!!!!

Jessica@tastyandtrim August 25, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I love frank’s! What a great idea to put it on pizza 🙂 I love to eat it on eggs and I also use it in my buffalo chicken soup recipe. It’s basically a chicken and veggie soup that I add half a cup of Frank’s to-yum!

agirlandhermutt August 25, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Half a cup of Franks?! You. Are. Awesome!

Krista @ Can't Survive on Yarn Alone August 25, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Pizza w ranch dressing is the next thing to try. Sounds odd – I made the HUH?GUH? face when I first heard it – but really good.

Rainy day = bad chick flicks – non sobby ones – on Netflix w the dog on my lap.

@LaurieDoxer August 25, 2010 at 10:13 pm

If you like the hot sauce … you should try yourself some Buffalo Chicken pizza. I just had a great one from Upper Crust. Chicken, Blue Cheese sauce and hot sauce. Yum!!!

Robyn @ Wannabe Writer Runner August 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Yum, I love pizza. My roomate eats it with hot sauce too but I’m more of a mild eater. I just saw that movie on Sunday, I liked it!

Noelle August 27, 2010 at 10:34 am

Franks is something I buy by the 1/2 gallon! It is dirt cheap at Walmart. It is so good on eggs you will think you have died and gone to heaven. We mix it with ranch for our taco salad. We use it on quesadillas. It is good on EVERYTHING and it makes everything BETTER! I am now wondering about cottage cheese????? I may try a bite of that for lunch today!
Rainy days mean scrapping! Nothing but scrapping and some yummy dinner from the crock pot like chili!