Master Tuber…

by agirlandhermutt on January 23, 2011

First thing first…I got a few tweets,comments and messages asking me about one of my Fantastic Four answers.

3. Four words/phrases I use a lot
I’ll give you $1…

Just to give you an idea of how I use the phrase it typically goes down like this.

ME: I’ll give you $1 if you can guess who had toilet paper stuck to her shoe…AGAIN.
Coworker: Ha! You are so wrong.

ME: I’ll give you $1 if you will pour me a glass of wine.
The Scientist: You are such a bum…and a lush. Keep your $1. Winking smile

I’ve also used it on this blog before! I never even realized till I did a little digging around. Check out here, here, and here.

Weekend Warrior!

Its official. I could be in the Olympics for snow tubing. Watch for me in 2014!

Over the weekend The Scientist and I dressed up in about 10 layers of clothing and hit the slopes at Amesbury Sports Park. Neither of us had been tubing so we were looking for something low key and close by.

For $22 each we were able to get 3-hours of tubing. You have your choice of riding up the people mover, a moving sidewalk that takes you and your tube to the top of the hill.

OR you can sit in your tube and ride up the hill in style.

Once you get to the top of the hill, pick your perfect place to drop your tube, and go to town!

Even though we were bundled up I could feel a few icicles forming on my nose stud. How gross is that!?

We managed to go down quite a few times until our little hands couldn’t take the cold any longer. Brrr!

Tubing=FUN! We decided that our next adventure is going to be learning how to snowboard. I’ve been skiing once and I don’t think two skis are for me. For those in the area, any ideas on where I should go to learn?! What equipment should I bring that I can’t rent?!

Oh, and thank goodness we went on a Saturday. On Sunday I watched Frozen. Oh heck no.

Not the best movie ever but enough to make me rethink going on a ski lift a little. EEK! Winking smile

Hope you had a great weekend! Give me some snowboarding tips!

PS. I took a video of the two of us flying down the hill. Unfortunately I cackle like the witch from the Wizard of Oz for the entire video. HA! Next time!

Dorry January 24, 2011 at 1:24 am

This looks like SO MUCH FUN! I know a lot of people complain about all the snow up there, but I SO wish we could do this in Dallas. Seriously – so fun. I’d cackle laughing, too. I have no snowboarding tips for you because I’ve never tried! I like to ski, though, but it’s been years. Billy and I decided we simply HAVE to find a way to go skiing next year – that’s one thing we’ve never done together.

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I love snow! I wish it wasn’t so much this year, but I do enjoy it!

I can imagine how hysterical and fun Billy would be at skiing!

Stephanie @ The Cookie Battle January 24, 2011 at 10:50 am

I love tubing so much! It’s so much fun.

I’m looking to learn how to snowboard too, I’ve been wanting to learn for a while!

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Snowboarding learners unite!

Brandy January 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm

So fun!! We went tubing in Steamboat Springs earlier this month and it was amazing! Definitely want to do it again :)

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I love the sound of Steamboat Springs!

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel January 24, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS! this place seems like a HOOT to have a tubing park at! the pics are so exciting!!! <3 YIPEEEEEEEE :)

agirlandhermutt January 27, 2011 at 12:42 am

It is so fun! A tube on a big hill…whats not to love?! :)

Shannon January 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

That looks like SO much fun… I was there this past summer when my boyfriend and his friends ran the Spartan 5k and I totally forgot they had snow tubing!

Though I’m a skier, if you want to stay somewhat nearby to learn how to snowboard, I’d suggest Wachusett or if you really didn’t want to go far at all, Blue Hills in Canton. I used to live by Blue Hills and they have lots of group lessons scheduled and it’s VERY reasonable (in comparison to bigger mountains).

Also, FROZEN?!?! OMG. I had to cover my eyes so many times… the wolf scene pleassssse?! Neadless to say, I will NOT be riding the chair up at closing time.

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for the tips! I’ve been to Blue Hills during the summer so that would be the perfect place to start.

Amesbury has that big hamster type ball you can fling yourself down the hill in during the summer too. FUN!

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka January 24, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Awwww, you two are so cute :)

I want to go tubing ala Clark from Christmas Vacation! I’ve never been but it looks fun.

You know you need to post that video of you cackling now, yes?

agirlandhermutt January 27, 2011 at 12:43 am

I know, right?! I’m trying to figure out if I can decrease the cackle a bit. Ha!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin January 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Woah that looks so fun Erin!! I haven’t been snow tubing in YEARS since I lived in CT! I miss it.