Keeping my head up…

by agirlandhermutt on January 31, 2011

I’m trying to keep my spirits up, but I think I suffer from a little form of SAD. This whole being cooped up because of cold or snow takes a lot out of me.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not really complaining about snow in general, just the amount of snow we have gotten in not even a month.

The other night I woke up to take Korky for his 5am walk and found this.

He wasn’t having much of this whole snow thing so we made our way back inside to wait it out. At 8am we were greeted with this.

Yea, not much better. We tried to trudge through but Kork is only so big and he is only so brave. We did the best we could and then made our way back inside so I could get to work. The roads weren’t horrible but it was nearly impossible for me to get my car out of its home.

Yes, that is my SUV hanging out in the mounds of snow. This was taken from the top of my stairs at the back of my house.

Lets do a little recap on what the back of the house looks like on a warm and wonderful day.

With just a little bit of snow…

My poor HAIRY little monster isn’t dealing with this well.

I snuggled up with the monster and kept him as snuggly as possible. That’s what you do on a snow day, right?! Oh, and don’t make fun of Korky’s hair. We are working on getting a grooming appointment. This pup cuts his hair more than I do!

We are expecting another 21 inches starting tomorrow. Uh huh.

In the meantime, I’m doing things around the house to keep me feeling as cozy and happy as possible. Project Happy Apartment is in full effect! *Insert insane applause and laugher!*

Stay tuned for some before and afters of all the fun work I’m doing around the house!

Aimee January 31, 2011 at 11:52 pm

21 inches!! Wow! And I thought we were getting snow here. We are going to be super cold here though, I would rather have snow than be way below freezing. I think I have SAD too, winter bums me out unless there is some sun. Good luck with all the snow!

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Thanks! The cold I can handle but when it gets brutal I just stay inside. Ha! I’m a Floridian by birth and nature. 😉

Dorry February 1, 2011 at 12:07 am

ERIN! Outrageous. I’d say I wish I could teleport you here to Texas, but we have freezing rain/sleet in our forecast tomorrow. I think I’d take snow over that, but I can’t believe how much has accumulate outside your house. Keep warm! Keep happy! Dream about tropical beaches and fruity drinks.

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm That whole freezing rain/sleet is scary! Fruity drinks are on my mind already. 🙂

Michelle February 1, 2011 at 8:39 am

Poor Korky! I feel so bad for little dogs with this snow… Good luck with the storm coming today, get happy!

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Hope you are staying warm! I saw that fireplace. I need one of those!

Noelle Reese February 1, 2011 at 1:48 pm

You just get right into your scrap loot and whip out some pages and cards. Then you will feel better in no time! 🙂 They closed Morgan’s school YESTERDAY 15 minutes after they got out for today because it is way too cold. Right now we are at minus 4 Brrrrrrrr
I’ll have another cup of HOT coffee please! 🙂

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

So funny enough I feel a scrapping moment coming on! Stay warm!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin February 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Wow that is a crazy amount of snow! We don’t even have close to that much in DC.

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Its nuts! I don’t know where the stuff coming today is going to go!

Megan February 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Ok, I’m slightly jealous that I’m not part of this snow storm … but poor puppy!

agirlandhermutt February 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Come help me shovel! 🙂

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka February 1, 2011 at 10:59 pm

That is absolute insanity. I would never last in New England! Plus Lincoln is white so he wouldnt get lost in the snow, sadface.