And let the games begin…

by agirlandhermutt on March 3, 2011

I finally finished my 31 While 31 list and I’m ready to share! Hopefully I’ll be able to cross each and every one of these off the list before February 13, 2012. *Insert golf clap from the peanut gallery*

Over the course the course of the year I will also be participating in some monthly challenges/goals that will help accomplish a few of these on my list.

Check back for my progress!

31 While 31

1.  Run a 5k
2.  Learn how to say/write “Thank You” in 10 different languages.
3.  Go indoor skydiving.
4.  Read 10 books from Oprah’s book club
5.  Identify 100 things that make me  happy
6.  Go on a camping trip
7.  Make a YouTube video AND post it!
8.  Visit Mystic Aquarium (a holdover from my 30W30 list)
9.  Create a painting on canvas (from the 30W30 list)
10.Watch sunrise at the beach (from 30W30 list)
11. Attend a cooking class (from 30W30 list)
12. Go to the Museum of Science observatory (from 30W30 list)
13. Watch AFI’s 10 Top 10 Movies of all time (from 30W30 list)
14. Sew pillows for couch & bed
15. Create a Korky only scrapbook.
16. Make homemade pasta
17. No alcohol for 1 month
18. Make a font out of my handwriting
19. Host a game night
20. Go vegan for 1 week
21. Take a photo for every letter of the alphabet
22. Make 3 things from instructables.com
23. Make a birthday cake for someone
24. Visit the Arboretum
25. Clean out my email inbox
26. Write down HIGH/LOW for the day 5x/week
27. Have 2 new ethnic food experiences
28. Get a bike and ride the 24-mile path along Charles River
29. Send birthday cards to my far away friends.
30. De-clutter. Get rid of at least 100 items!
31. Go to see a play

For each task I accomplish $20 will go into  a little jar to be spent on…well, I haven’t figured that out yet! Fun little savings tool that I like to do. :)

Does anyone have a 101 in 1001 list or something similar? I’m obsessed with reading people’s lists. Dorry has a 30 Before 30 list and that is where I got the idea for no alcohol for 1 month! Leave a link in the comments area if you have one I can stalk read!

Andrea @ Vegvacious March 3, 2011 at 2:13 pm

What a great idea! I did a goals list for 2011 (I don’t like the word “resolutions”) but I think I only had 10 or 12 things on it!! A great way to motivate and an awesome idea to save a little money for a rainy day.

agirlandhermutt March 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I’m with you on resolutions. I can never stick to them! Little goals are always fun though.

Dorry March 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Wahooo! I love your list. The no alcohol for 1 month is a great one. I love getting rid of 100 things and identifying 100 things that make you happy!

agirlandhermutt March 4, 2011 at 5:21 pm

My house will be cleaner and my life happier!

Aimee March 3, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Great list! Your such a young one too! :) 31!!

agirlandhermutt March 4, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Hey! You can call me young any time!

Michelle March 4, 2011 at 11:24 am

Love your list! Can I take the cooking class with you? I’ve always wanted to do that!

You have actually inspired me to write a “30 things while in my 30s” list. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile but I need to write it down.

agirlandhermutt March 4, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Yes! A cooking class together would be great. I can’t wait to see what you come up with on your list.

Stephanie March 6, 2011 at 10:42 am

That’s so much fun! I especially like 9 and 21…creativity is key to joy! I might steal those two ideas…how much fun would it be to make a homemade alphabet book for my future children!

Noelle Reese March 6, 2011 at 10:20 pm

The only time I went 30 days without beer was both times I was pregnant. So, so far I have done about 17 months with Morgan and 19 months with Carlee that is enough for a lifetime isn’t it? LOL I like the rest of your list. I’ll have to make one and get back to you. :)

Emily January 23, 2012 at 1:52 am

I stumbled across your blog on Google. Although I know this blog post was almost a year ago, I do have a 30 while 30 list going on right now. lazytoliving.com/category/30-while-30/ It’s fun to see what other people are doing. I never thought of continuing on and doing a 31 while 31 list. I’ll have to check it out, as I’m only 2 months into my list. Good luck!