Phew…Friday!

by agirlandhermutt on March 25, 2011

Ok, so we all made it to Friday safe and sound. I have to be honest, I wasn’t sure if I I was going to make it. Winking smile To celebrate, I want to share a few things that made me smile this week, a funny story, and my plans for the weekend.

clip_image001

Things I’m Diggin’ This Week!

1. Dry Shampoo…LOVE THIS STUFF. I wash my hair every other day. I have long,tthhhhhhiiiick, wavy hair that just can’t take washing every.single.day. Typically my hair looks better on the second day any way. Now it looks even better after discovering dry shampoo. Smells clean, more volume, feels lighter! Its not so tough to be gorgeous these days. Smile I’ve tried a few and these are my faves.

TreSemme FreshStart ~$5 (Drugstore)           Klorane ~$16 (Sephora)

2. Trader Joe’s Frozen Mango Puree– Smoothies haven’t been the same since I discovered this! It comes in 4 large pouches that are easy to cut through and divide up accordingly.  I also like to cut it into chunks, put it into a baggie, and then let it melt throughout the day before I mix it with my Whey Protein shake. So easy and delish!

3. New furniture and being handy! A few weeks ago my ghettorific 10-year-old KMart dresser fell apart. Literally. The front of it just fell off in the night. I replaced it with this bad boy from IKEA. It took me about a week to put everything together. Apparently I *really* hate hammering. The noise just irks me.

Hemnes 3 Drawer Chest in Gray-Brown $149

4. Mint.comThis website allows you to add all your financial accounts into one dashboard, categorize each transaction, set a budget & goals, and get a grip on your money/investments. The best part…its FREE! Access from your any computer or an app on your smartphone too!

clip_image001

Funny story…I recently updated my phone (HTC Incredible SmartPhone) to have a new keyboard. I just kind of swish my finger around on the screen in one movement and it figures out what you are trying to write. Kind of.

[Source]

In any typical email, text message or gchat I write “WOOT!” at some point. I get excited, what can I say?! For some reason my phone can’t stand this word and won’t allow me to add it to my dictionary of words to recognize. So now every single time I type “WOOT!” it actually types out “POOP!”. I am so used to just typing and sending that on multiple occasions someone has told me something exciting or fun and my response was “POOP!”. Nice huh?

Example:
Friend: Hey! I’m really looking forward to my date tonight. I have the best dress to wear.
Me: POOP!
Friend: Oh.Ok.

Friend1: Oh my gosh! I just got a raise at my job!
Me: POOP!
Friend1: Jerk.

Unfortunately this isn’t my only phone typing flub. A few days ago I sent a text to The Scientist to let him know I was leaving work. Here is how it went down.

Me: I’m leaving you!
The Scientist: Uhhh….what?
Me: I said I’m leaving! (not realizing what I had typed above)
The Scientist: hmm….
Me: (realizing now what I had typed) Ugh. You know what I mean. Now, You. All the same thing.

Its good to know that I’m not the only one who has flubs though. Check out this hi-larious website for many more examples!

clip_image001

Well kids, its officially quitting time and I’m signing off for a busy weekend. I am watching FSU hopefully move on to the Sweet 8 for March Madness, I’ll be enjoying a Yelp Elite event tomorrow morning and I’m preparing a fun dish for my church’s annual dinner. Lets the get the party started!

What are your plans for the weekend? Have you ever had a hilarious text message or chat typo?!

Stephanie March 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I’ve never heard of dry shampoo before! That’s very intriguing!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:25 pm

It works wonders! It seriously saves me from having to wash my hair all of the time.

Emma (ecoprincess) March 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Haha, oh my gosh this post totally made me laugh! Just discovered your blog, can’t wait to read more!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:25 pm

So glad you found me! 🙂

Andrea @ Vegvacious March 25, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I love the Tres Emme Dry Shampoo. I recently went from being blonde to a dark brunette and I try not to wash my hair everyday so the colour doesn’t fade as fast. I use dry shampoo 2 or 3 times per week and it works pretty well!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I wish I had known about dry shampoo when I was coloring my hair ALL OF THE TIME back in the day. I think of how much money I could have saved!

Noelle Reese March 26, 2011 at 10:17 am

LOL I read that site and seriously laugh until I cry. My BFF is a personal chef/caterer. When she signs her texts Heather it changes it to Heavier LMAO My boss texted me YIPPEE!! It changed it to ZIPPERS! What?? LOL
I have never heard of dry shampoo. I wash mine every day! It is so thin and so curly I would be a frizzy, greasy mess! LOL

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka March 26, 2011 at 10:20 am

Hahaha about your conversation, thats great. I adore dry shampoo, it’s my saving grace. Mint is pretty flippin awesome as well! I need to find that mango at TJ’s on my next visit, I really need to start putting a list together of must haves from there.

Have fun at the Elite event!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

The Elite Event was great! I thought of you immediately when I signed up to go! Creepy?!

Jen March 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Love the texting story. Too funny!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Ugh…unfortunately there are more too! 😉

Mary @ Fervent Foodie March 27, 2011 at 8:34 am

YES! I’m so glad to see that dry shampoo works! I have to wash my hair EVERY freakin day… maybe that will give me a little extra mileage on the style!

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Definitely give it a try. If you don’t like the first one, don’t give up on it. Every brand feels different!

Stephanie @ The Cookie Battle March 27, 2011 at 11:32 am

I make text flubs all the time! I love damnyouautocorrect.com…the funny thing is when I accidentally save a word that I mistyped (for example, everytime I write “happy” in a text, my autocorrect now changes it to “hapoy” because I saved it that way by accident. And I’m too lazy to change it.)

ashleigh March 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm

That is too funny that you texted that to the scientist!! I accidentally type the wrong thing all of the time.. it’s so annoying!

I love dry shampoo! I usually only wash my hair twice a week so it’s a life saver for me. I love the Klorane stuff from Sephora, but it’s so expensive and I use it ALL of the time. I just tried the Tresemme, but I don’t like it! I like the way it smells but I feel like my hair doesn’t look as fresh as the Klorane makes it, but you really can’t beat the price.

agirlandhermutt March 27, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Did you find that the Klorane leaks sometimes?!

Carbzilla March 29, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Hiya – Thanks for stopping by my blog! I haven’t been to a Yelp event since last year. We have pretty good ones out here. Hope your week is treating you well!

RebekahK March 30, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I have made the woot-poop typo more times than I care to remember. After multiple sent mistakes I have started scrutinizing my swipe texts. Thinking I may go back to standard typing……