The City Doesn’t Sleep and Neither Do I…

by agirlandhermutt on April 11, 2011

This past girlie weekend was a BLAST! Karen and I took a little road trip down to NYC on the bus to visit our buddy, MaryAnn, for a weekend of non-stop fun.

Get ready for a few photo friendly posts recapping my weekend!

clip_image001

It started with an evening bus ride after work. We chatted, napped and woke up ready to party it up in the middle of NYC.

We met up with MaryAnn (who lives in NYC) and spent the rest of the evening catching up and enjoying a few drinks. By the time we rolled home it was almost 3am. WHO AM I?! The lack of sleep didn’t stop us from popping up early the next morning to fuel up for a walking photo tour of the West Village.

The tour was put on by Photo Walk-Abouts. It was a nice mixture of history, photo opportunities and just basic wondering around. Here is a quick look at some of the photos that came from our tour.

I loved that there were signs of spring EVERYWHERE!

The Village has wonderful architecture and so many things to check out. I was amazing at all the cool shots I found just by taking a minute to look around me.

The grounds were beautiful within Church of Saint Luke in the Fields. I could easily see myself sitting in the garden, knitting with an iced coffee in hand, and watching the flower bloom.

Once we were done with our tour, we were famished! We made a little pit stop at a place called The Pink Tea Cup. It was so nice that we were able to sit on the porch area and do a little people watching while we ate.

Drinks were consumed. Pink Mojioto, Watermelon Honey Lemonade, Water!

Mmm…honey!

Sweet Potato Waffles

Lovely lunch company.

From there we did a little walking around and made our way to our next stop, Mood Fabrics! Karen and I had Groupons and were on the quest to get some awesome fabric from THE fabric place for the Project Runway peeps.

Next post…Mood Fabrics, Dinnah, a crazy show and a girlie brunch to say good-bye to NYC! Here is a little taste of what is to come…creeeeeeppppyyyy.

clip_image001

See you soon! Tonight I’m heading to a Red Sox game with The Scientist. Go Sox (me!) and Go Rays (him!).

Shannon April 11, 2011 at 3:21 pm

What great photos! Looks like you had a great visit… can’t wait for some more recaps!

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Thanks! I’m enjoying reliving our trip through the photos. :)

Aimee April 11, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Nothing beats girl time! Great photos, what a fun idea and way to see a city. We love Project Runway too, did you know that I met Seth Aaron and Mondo? How fun to go to Mood!

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 9:59 pm

YOU DID!? How did you meet them?! I love Mondo. Seriously LOVE.

Michelle April 12, 2011 at 8:25 am

Those flowers and outside drinks mean SPRING!

And those masks are CREEPY!

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Creepy YES! Spring YES YES YES!

Mindy@FSL April 12, 2011 at 8:28 am

You must live close to me if you hopped a bus to NYC. I’ve been there a zillion times, but I’ve never done a tour. I probably should, just to see some classic New York photo ops! Your pix are gorgeous! The shot of those old bicycles should be in a frame in my house!! LOVE!

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Thanks so much! I live in Boston. Its just a short (relatively) ride away. :)

I’m deciding now on a few to frame. Photos of the city just makes me happy happy happy! I’m taking a tip from you to get a pop of color in my living room.

Noelle Reese April 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

I loved reading this post until that last picture! I may be 42 but I am AFRAID of masks and even clowns! No Halloween or clowns for this kid LOL Even eyes I know and like I can’t stand to see peeking through little holes. Totally gives me the creeps! My poor children have never even owned a mask LMAO Bring back the cocktail pics I LOVE those! LOL I have not been to the city since 6th grade. I would love to go back some day. A man showed his you know what there and I decided that was enough for me so I never went back LOL Now I think I am smart enough to just look away and carry on LMAO

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 10:03 pm

You have to go back to the city! I haven’t seen anyone’s junk yet. ;)

I have a few mask photos coming up. Get prepared! Oh, and clowns…not my thing either.

Andrea @ Vegvacious April 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I’ve only been to NYC once, but your photos make me want to book another visit ASAP!!

Sweet potatoe waffles!?!? The wheels in my head are turning on how I’m going to create this recipe in my kitchen.

agirlandhermutt April 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm

If you figure it out, let me know! I need them in my life on a regular basis.

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka April 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I love this post and love NYC! Looks like you had perfect weather with all the sunshine and you got a lot done. I tried a peace mojito last night and it knocked my socks off.

I need a sweet potato waffle in my life, just sayin’!