And the fun continues…

by agirlandhermutt on April 13, 2011

Thanks for the comments on my last post! Sometimes I wonder if I overload with photos too much or if my outings are at all entertaining. Lack of blogger self-confidence?! Then I remember how I originally started this blog…as a way to document all my shenanigans for my parents. I’ve added some friends and “blends” to that readership and its been supah fun journey. So thanks for the support and reading. Smile

Now on to the recap!

clip_image001

So the last time we “talked” I left off right before our trip to Mood Fabrics. Karen and I are HUGE Project Runway fans. We saw a Groupon through NYC’s site and picked one up to use on our trip. I’m in the market to make some pillows for my couch (31 While 31 Alert!) and was on the quest to explore the upholstery area.

Mood is on the 3rd floor of a very unassuming building. A building with a elevator operator. Eek! I felt like I was on the Perfect Strangers TV show!

Mood was bumping when we got in there! MaryAnn played a little people watching game called “Fashion Student, Makes Her Own Clothes Woman, Random Groupon Shopper”.

The fabrics were beautiful and I wanted to take them all home. ALL OF THEM.

The trip to mood resulted in some great fabrics and I’m excited to put them to good use. Be on the lookout for my pillows in the future!

While wondering around Mood MaryAnn had the FANTASTIC idea for us all to head over to Sephora for a full on makeover. Score for the girlie weekend! We had big plans for the evening so we decided to all go a little more dramatic with the makeup.

I loved the makeup and was super excited to find some new make-up finds.  The Scientist…not a fan. Apparently I’m just as good lookin’ au natural. Sweet, but hysterical. Winking smile

Our main reason for hitting up NYC this past weekend was to attend the Sleep No More show. I went last year for Karen’s birthday in Boston so when we heard it was coming to NYC again we HAD to go. It’s a show that is so hard to describe. Here is what I wrote in my last post about it.

This production was inspired by Shakespeare’s Macbeth and is set in an old high school in Brookline. Throughout the night you are guided by actors throughout the school in what can be best described as a choose your own adventure experience. As you walk around the school and check out the awesome set designs, you encounter actors. They interact with each other and sometimes you. An actor will leave the room which prompts you to follow him. Do you go or do you stay?! The choice is yours and the result will not disappoint.

White masks are worn throughout the night and no talking is allowed. THAT is where those creepy masks came into play. After the show we hit up Blue Smoke for some much needed grub and drinks.

The masks came out to play before dinner did. Can you guess which one is me?!

The food was fantastic! This was a BBQ joint so I decided to grab a couple sides which ended up being ENOURMOUS.

We managed to roll ourselves home after dinner, wearing the masks of course, and went into food coma. BUT bright and early we were up the next day to meet up with Meg, my NYC expert and a few other friends.

Our brunch was at HK Restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen. It was total club vibe with all you can drink bellinis, mimosas, and bloody marys! The whole place was kind of hysterical.

My meal doesn’t look very good, but it was DEELISH. Two poached eggs with a red wine sauce over an asparagus and mushroom hash.

After 2 hours we were kicked out of our table so we moved to the bar to enjoy the last of our drinks before we hopped on the bus. *Note: I’m not wearing the exact same outfit as the day before, but it sure does look like it!*

After a little glitch with the bus showing up, Karen and I were finally on the bus home. We were stuffed, we were hydrated, and we were filled with glee about the great weekend we had.  Already looking forward to going back to the BIG CITY soon!

clip_image001

On a slighty less fun, but still really big part of my life…Korky isn’t feeling up to par. I don’t typically talk about personal health things (me, family, friends), but since the Mutt is in the title I wanted to share. We have been dealing with a stomach bug for the past few weeks and last night (after a Red Sox game!) was the tipping point. We visited the vet and have a plan to deal with a diagnosed bacteria infection. I love him to bits n’ pieces and it kills me to see him in pain. Keep your fingers crossed that Kork feels better soon. Thanks!

See you on Friday!

Andrea @ Vegvacious April 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Aw…poor dog. Hope he is feeling better soon. I hate when they are not feeling well — I wish they could talk so they could tell us exactly what was wrong!

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend – I’d love to see the Sleep No More show – sounds awesome.

agirlandhermutt April 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

It was an amazing show! Really unique.

I said that I wished I was Cesar Millan so I could whisper to Kork.

Megan April 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Yes come to NYC again soon!

agirlandhermutt April 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm

WILL DO!

Mary @ Fervent Foodie April 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Awww I like the makeup! It’s fun! I need to do that some time. And I hope Korky feels better!!

agirlandhermutt April 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm

It really was super fun!

Lori @ According to Gus April 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about Korky. It’s the worst feeling when they’re sick. :( Glad to hear he’s got some meds. Please give him a belly rub for me!

As for Mood…so jealous! We can’t wait until we’re in NYC so we can stop in. I’m not going to lie, I may or may not tear through the place a la Project Runway, pretending I only have 30 minutes to shop. ;)

agirlandhermutt April 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Belly Rub…Done!

I tried the 30 minute shopping adventure! It DID NOT WORK. I was overwhelmed. :) They close early on the weekend so that made me move a little faster.

Shannon April 13, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Looks like you had a fab rest of the weekend in NYC.

So sorry to hear about Korky… I feel so bad for sick pups, they are helpless! Hope he is feeling like himself again SOON!

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Thanks so much! Me too!

cassie April 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

aww, sorry to hear about your dog, hope he feels better.. i love blue smoke, best BBQ.. when you come back you should also checkout Hill Country if you look BBQ.. love sephora, i love all things beauty and sephora is truly a beauty playground for adults.. glad you had a great time..

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm

A playground…the best description ever! I’m writing down Hill Country now. thanks!

Michelle April 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm

An elevator operator? Get out of the city! (I really hope you get that…)

That brunch place is a riot! I did not think “brunch” when looking at those pics, it must have been fun!

Hope Kork feels better!

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Thanks! The “brunch” place was nuts. I wanted to listen watch Night at the Roxbury when I got home!

Tiffany @ Simply Shaka April 13, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Oh no Korky—I hope he feels better soon! Lincoln and I send our love :)

Friggin love that you threw in a Perfect Strangers reference—yes!!!

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

It was just for you!

Jen April 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Oh poor Korky, hope he’s better soon!

I want that mac n’ cheese! Looks like you had a great time :-)

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm

We did! We miss you!

ashleigh April 14, 2011 at 10:24 am

I love the makeup look! I should get that done sometime as I am always looking for new ways to apply and new techniques.

Sorry to hear about Korky.. I hope he feels better soon!

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm

It was really fun. The woman I had really gave some great tips too.

Thanks!

Noelle Reese April 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

I think you look very pretty with your make-up all 3 of you do. But I’m with the Scientist, less is often more. Bryan doesn’t even notice when I put make-up on or skip it LOL We are LUCKY! LOL
OK at least you had a drink to make the mask a little better! I scrolled right on by.
I hope Korky feels better! They are just as sad as babies because they can’t say the problem. Give him a rub-down for me! And a big hug to you!
Oprah posted a 105 books you must read list the other day. I tried to forward it to you but it came back because I sent it to donotreply LMAO

agirlandhermutt April 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm

OH! I need that list!!! Can you send it to agirlandhermutt@gmail.com?!