7 in 7

by agirlandhermutt on July 29, 2011

AKA July Favorites. Clever huh? July has been a busy, but fun, month that seemed to be over in the snap of a finger. Google Calendar stole my July!

Rather than do my Friday Five I decided to bust out something new and show you things I totally dug ALL MONTH LONG.

July Favorites

1. Pinterest

Oh my gosh! Totally in love with this website. It’s a plethora of inspiration, creativity, and pretty things to look at.  It totally can keep me distracted from anything important for hours. Winking smile

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

Follow me on Pinterest.com by clicking below!

2. E.L.F. Make-up

This low price make-up line can be found at places like Target. Most of the items range from $1-3. I’ve found some great make-up items for cheap, cheap, cheap. My fave so far is the Translucent Matifying Powder. Its perfect for touching up that shine you get during the day without caking on more color. I have a few of these laying around in different bags.LOVE LOVE LOVE. Oh yea…it was $3. STEAL!

3. Mossimo® Priya Platform Wedge Sandals – Cognac

These wedges from Target are not killer looking, they are also REALLY comfortable. The wedge looks like real wood and nothing about these shoes screams cheap. At around $22 these are a total bargain.image

4. CSA Goodies

Although I’m not 100% impressed with the farm that we have partnered with for our CSA (more details coming), I am totally in love with picking up local veggies every Tuesday. The items I bring home just make me happy! Its been fun to design a meal plan around the veggies we are given. I feel like Iron Chef sometimes!

5. Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips

I wrote a whole post on these handy dandy nail polish strips and my love for them. After trying a few other colors and patterns, I’m still totally in love. These are great for getting fun results in just minutes!

6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

I’m obsessed with this series. I started reading the first book on my Kindle a few weeks ago. It was a rough start and I thought about giving up a few times. Then it happened…it got good. And I don’t mean kinda good. I mean GOOOOOOOD. I’m on the 2nd book now (The Girl Who Played With Fire) and I’m whipping through it. I can’t wait for the 3rd one. Then its on to the movies. I can easily get engrossed in almost anything.

7. 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon Beer

I know I just mentioned that I can’t stand watermelon things, but there is always an exception to the rule. In this case, it’s the 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon beer. The Scientist and I discovered it in San Francisco (thanks to a rec from our friend AZ!) and brought our love for it back to Boston. We hit up a local craft beer store to find it sold in cans and it is just as delicious as ever. It’s a slightly hazy yellow beer with a slight essence of watermelon. Its fresh. Its crisp. Its perfect for summer!

This past month was filled with lots of fun activities despite the heat wave Boston experienced. August is shaping up to be just as busy and I’m looking forward to it!

Check back next week for a weekend recap and an update on how I’m doing with my recent resolve to get healthier. Smile

What things are you loving this month?!

Danielle July 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I’m also totally obsessed with Pinterest. Love it!

I discovered another site from there called http://www.design-seeds.com/ It shows how different color combinations look together, which is awesome for new ideas as I’m piecing clothes together for the new school year and Baby Girl’s nursery.

agirlandhermutt July 29, 2011 at 5:01 pm

ACK! Another time sucker. I love it! Thanks.

Christine @ Merf In Progress July 29, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I enjoyed the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I haven’t felt a need to move on to the next book though. I’m curious how it compares to the first. I did watch the dragon tattoo movie. I love foreign movies.

agirlandhermutt July 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I’m actually enjoying it more because I’m so familiar with the names.

Did you know there is an American version of the movies coming out? Staring Daniel Craig.

Brandy July 29, 2011 at 5:20 pm

#2 – check out the elf high definition powder – I think it’s $6?? Great stuff!
#6 – that whole series is AMAZING!! I rented the original Swedish movies from the library here so I could see them before Hollywood goes and (potentially) messes it up! Definitely recommend checking out if you have the time!

Happy Friday! Miss you 🙂

agirlandhermutt August 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I just got the high def powder but I haven’t figured out how to put it into my make-up routine. TIPS please!

Aimee July 29, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Yay! I always love when I find out people are on Pintrest! It’s very, very, naughty and distracting though. 🙂

Shannon July 30, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Pinterest is SO addictive!

So right now I’m in FL and my ability to read blogs has been limited but YES, I was totally suggesting a blogger meet-up to do the wine trail and I’d love to meet-up for brunch. So let’s get on that!

agirlandhermutt August 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Keep posted! I’m thinking brunch first and then a wine trail. 🙂

MelissaNibbles August 1, 2011 at 5:37 am

Everyone is raving about Pinterest. I feel like it would be too overwhelming for me. I guess I should just try it and see.

I love E.L.F makeup! Their liquid eyeliner is the best.

Katy Mary August 1, 2011 at 9:55 am

So August is my ‘no drinking’ month and reading about this delicious watermelon beer has made me really regret that decision haha!! It sounds so refreshing. I have heard really great things about the nail polish strips so I will have to check them out sometime.

I read the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series last year and it is SO GOOD. It only gets better, I even watched the Swedish movies, so good. I hope the US doesn’t mess them up lol.

Have a great week!

agirlandhermutt August 1, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Definitely try out the strips AND the beer. You know, after “no drinking month”. 🙂

I’m going to have to check out the Swedish movies first!

Michelle August 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I signed up for Pinterest but haven’t played on it yet… this post and comments are making me want to try it! I’ll check ya out on there 😉