Snowed In Weekend

by agirlandhermutt on January 23, 2012

Happy Monday friends! This morning’s post was going to be filled with tons of pictures of my weekend in Connecticut. It was going to include ridiculous amounts of sushi, P-Lo and E-Lo pics galore and a few funny inside jokes. Instead…I have this to show you.

I woke up Saturday morning to a little snow storm. It was making the roads kind of rough to navigate so we decided to reschedule the weekend. Waaahhh!

Rather than sulk around all weekend I decided to make some breakfast and enjoy a proper snow day with the Mutt.

Poached Eggs over hashbrowns, broiled grapefruit, and pancake muffins.

Lets just say that I was more excited for the snow day than Korky was. Poor dog! He froze his little patootie off for about 20 minutes and called it a day. He didn’t want to step one paw outside until his evening walk.

While he was down for the count, I caught up on Teen Mom, People’s Court and Downton Abbey during the day and warmed up with some Dunkin Hot Chocolate w/ turbo shot at night. So much for kicking the caffeine habit that day. My brain needed some serious stimulation after all that crap tv. Sorry folks.

I also played with Instagram on my iphone. Could you tell?! 😉

Since my breakfast was of epic proportions I decided to end the night with a big ol’ salad and some New Rules of Lifting for Women reading.

I’m starting the 6 month lifting plan tonight so I figured some light reading on the exercises couldn’t hurt. Once I’ve done a few of the workouts I’ll report back on some thoughts of the book.

Finally I finished the weekend with some weekly planning (menu and organization) while watching football with The Scientist. On a side note: I don’t care about the Patriots. Have I mentioned this? I can’t tell anyone in Boston to their face because I’m afraid they might hurt me. I can’t take one more day of Brady love!

So that is that! Overall a very uneventful weekend, but a productive & entertaining one nonetheless.

clip_image00161_thumb1_thumb[1]

Anyone have a pet that refuses to go outside in the rain or snow?

After almost 10 years together, I still haven’t figured out how to convince Korky to enjoy the great outdoors when it is a little cold or wet.

Life's a Bowl January 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

We woke up to our first [icy] snow of the season on Saturday! Charlie did alright but all of his fave bathroom spots were covered so our walks took longer than usual- perfect, eh?!

P.S. Pancake muffins?! YUM 😀

agirlandhermutt January 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm

The muffins are sooo good! I’ll be posting a recipe this week. Heh. Recipe. Well, you will see!

Nice job Charlie! A puppy doing ok is better than most of the older dogs!

Kelsie January 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

OMG…I just discovered Downton Abbey and devoured the first season on Netflix. Love it so much.

agirlandhermutt January 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Fantastic isn’t it?! My Dad watched Downton Abbey too and recommended Upstairs Downstairs to me. Its on Netflix too!

oblibby January 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Would love to visit Connecticut – hopefully DH and I will manage a New England tour in the next couple of years.

Your dog is such a cutie. My dog would never go outside in the garden when it was raining – don’t blame him really.

Lisa xoxo

agirlandhermutt January 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm

If you ever need some CT/Boston recs, let me know! 🙂

I don’t blame the pups either. Who wants a cold bum when going to the bathroom!? 😉

Micki @addhousewife January 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I’m the one who won’t go out in the snow LOL Let’s not even discuss the pets 😀

Qwendy January 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Love Corky! Your little weekly plan is a genius, that is totally what I need to make up for myself.

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 23, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I’m curious about that pancake muffin recipe too!!
I can’t BELIEVE you’re not a Tom Brady worshipper! How can you live in Boston?!?! hahaha. 🙂
Okay- but more importantly… are you a Sox fan???

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Totally a Sox fan! I worked right next door for MANY years and it was a requirement. 😉

Megan January 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Did I hear pancake muffins?! Can’t wait for the recipe.

My dog, Sarge is not a huge fan of the snow – he gets excited for about 2.2 seconds, then wants to come back in. His feet get cold + he turns into a baby ready to curl up by a heater!

agirlandhermutt January 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Sarge and Korky would be BFF!

Krista @ Can't Survive on Yarn Alone January 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Poor Korky… there are soooo many thought bubbles that would work in that picture.

Molly doesn’t like snow but will play in it for quite awhile. Then she realizes the warm couch is a better option. Cosmo hates the rain and I’ve had to literally push him out the door once. He was upset that time and retaliated by peeing on the doormat.