Hello friends! Its officially MY BIRTHDAY MONTH! I love February!
Since it is the first of the month it is time to buckle down and see how I did with those monthly goals and move onwards with new goals!
1. Take lunch to work every day.- Kind of. I didn’t take it every single day, but I only missed about 3 times total. Not bad, huh? This particular goals wasn’t that realistic since there are time where I do enjoy going out to lunch with my co-workers or friends. The all or nothing approach just doesn’t work for me.
2. Practice yoga at least 2x/week.- YEP! I’m so glad to be back to a regular practice schedule. I’d love to try a local studio and The Scientist said he would be into going.
3. Mark 2 items off the 31W31 list.-YES! I need to do a little updating on the page, but I made some progress here.
5. Identify 100 things that make me happy- DONE!
18. Make a font out of my handwriting- DONE!
23. Make a birthday cake for someone.- KIND OF! But with a little bit of a disaster ending. I made a cake for my friend Karen, but it just didn’t work. Waahhhh! It is the thought that counts?
4. No clothing purchases until Feb 1st.- Maybe? Do 2 belts count? I bought them in a moment of frenzy shopping at Target. oops!
5. Find a photography class to take online.- Kind of! I found a great class online that I had heard about, but then my camera broke. Now I am doing a lot of debating on the type and style of camera I want to get. The class starts the beginning of March so I really need to decide. As a bonus, I did sign up for an ASL class!
Overall- A great month! I set out to accomplish some small little goals and I did. Woot!
Next up?! Birthday Month Goals!
1. Stick with NROLFW schedule 2-3x/week. I got the book New Rules of Lifting for Women about two weeks ago and I’ve been doing it faithfully. I’m really enjoying the program and I can already see some progress. I’m also slowly pulling folks into the cult following.
2. Get my Scentsy business up and running! I’m officially a Scentsy Independent Consultant and while I don’t want this to become a part-time job kind of thing, I would like to make the most out of it. Seriously. Who doesn’t love the smell and effect of a candle without all that fear of burning down your house?! I’ll probably do a post on this in the future if you are interested in learning more (or you can email me). If you are already a fan and looking for someone to buy from, check out my site here. Bonus=10% off tons of products in February! No pressure kids. Just doing this for fun.
3. Finish up as much as I can from the 31W31 list before Feb 13th (my birthday). Eek! 32 is around the corner.
4. Come up with my 32W32. Yep, I’m doing it again. Hopefully with even more success.
5. Track my food in the fun little WW program at least 5 days a week. I track in my head on some days but this just isn’t the same as doing it for real. Suddenly I forget that extra piece of cheese or little bite of chocolate.
6. Go to a WW meeting every single week. I’m having a lot of success right now and I find that weighing in at the meetings is helping. Ugh. I can’t tell you how much I don’t enjoy the meetings, but they do work for me.
7. No make-up purchases till March 1st. I bought myself a pretty nice birthday present so I need to lay low in this area.
8. ENJOY MY BIRTHDAY! I love celebrating and I love celebrating my birthday even more. I think this comes from my lifetime of being an only child. I wasn’t spoiled unnecessarily as a kid, but I was raised to think my birthday could be a national holiday. Kidding…kind of.
Phew…quite a few goals, but all doable. Right? RIGHT!
Do you have any big goals for February? Any other February birthdays out there?