Crafts & Cooking Weekend

by agirlandhermutt on March 5, 2012

Hello friends! This post isn’t going to be full of exciting brunch posts or nights out in Boston. Instead my weekend was full of relaxing, crafting, and just enjoying some down time. It was kind of perfect and wonderful in every way possible.

I spent the majority of the Saturday at the A.C. Moore looking for crafty things for a baby shower I’m co-hosting next weekend. I don’t know how it happened but I killed off about 1.5 hours in that store just wandering around.

The result was my apartment was turned into rosette central. I found this tutorial on Pinterest and just ran with it. (Working on marking items off the 32W32 list already! See #16)

Single rosette with feather on hair clip

Double rosette on hair clip

Triple rosette necklace with ribbon

Triple rosette pin

It is amazing what a hot glue gun and some fabric can become!

That night while I was crafting I also used this recipe to make a lovely dish of Linguine with White Wine Clam Sauce. The only change I made to this recipe was to use less pasta. More clams per square inch baby.

I enjoyed my pasta with a big ol’ glass of vino.

During the Vino Voyage last year I discovered Kim Crawford’s Sauvignon Blanc. This wine is amazing! It is fresh, crisp and really citrusy. It is the perfect wine for anything involving seafood.

On Sunday The Scientist and I toured around a few local markets and snuggled up with the Mutt for the afternoon.

It was a bit gloomy outside and it was the perfect day for a little mexican food. Healthified mini tacos with pintos n’ cheese! More details coming soon.

Oh and I paired it with a margarita. Yep. Sunday afternoon with a margarita. That’s how I roll.

Fear not friends. I didn’t ruin my perfectly healthy meal by downing it with a glass of calories. This weekend I found this amazing display at my grocery store.

Seriously. Crystal Light Margarita, Peach Bellini, and Pomtini! I only picked up the Margarita version and I’m happy to report that while it isn’t exactly like a margarita, it certainly hit the spot and was really enjoyable. It smells just the way a margarita should and is just missing the tequila.

I closed up with the weekend with some menu making and caught Episode 1 of Awake. EEK. Such a good show. Did anyone else watch this?!

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

How many of you are Pinterest? Found any great pins that you want to share?! Addicted to this site. Find me here!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint March 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Holy crap addicted to pinterest. I’ve learned from that site that I need to renovate my home, plate better meals and do lots of burpees and squats. Haha

agirlandhermutt March 5, 2012 at 10:53 am

Ha! I’ve learned that I need to be a bit more crafty and start learning how to refinish furniture so my house can be a bit more shabby chic. This isn’t going to happen unless IKEA furniture can be totally made over. 😉

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning March 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I have managed to not get TOO sucked into Pinterest yet. Thank god- because I do not need another addiction. 🙂 Your crafts are so cute!
Do you know what the Crystal Light fun drinky flavors are sweetened with? If they’re made with stevia, I might have to check them out! 🙂
Hanging with a margarita and Mexican food on a Sunday sounds good to me!

agirlandhermutt March 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm

They are NOT made with Stevia. Lots of requests for them to fix this though. They seem to only make their ready-to-drink items and the Crystal Light Pure with Stevia.

Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie March 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I’m Addicted to Pinterest! I’ll follow you! Those mini tacos look delish! Can’t wait for the recipe. Glad you had a good weekend! Mine was too eventful in the Napa Valley. Never seen Awake. And you Pasta looks great, minus the clams (I am not a seafood person!). I hope you have fun co-hosting the baby shower!

Nicki March 5, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I can NEVER get the clam-to-pasta ratio right! I always feel like I’m eating pasta garnished with clams instead of clam pasta. I usually double the clams, but using less pasta? It’s such a “duh” moment for me….but seriously…. WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?!?

Life's a Bowl March 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Awesome crafts- I’d invest in a pair of those hair clips! The mini tacos and beans look tasty!

P.S. I am a Pinterest fanatic! It’s great inspiration for all of the wedding planning… And food… And motivational quotes… And fitness tips!

valincal March 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I’m a huge fan of that Kim Crawford SauvBlanc too! It is very good. Usually on a hot day in the summer. I tend to drink only reds in the winter.