Hello friends! I’m coming to you from my couch where I planted myself about 1 hour ago and haven’t moved. It is amazing how much using your brain can wear you out! If I could burn calories thinking at work I would have hit my goal weight by this point. Instead, it does not and I have not. What results is a tired Erin who is looking forward to the long weekend MORE THAN ANYTHING.
Yes, it is true that I haven’t had time to go to the gym this week. Yes, it is true that I only ate breakfast 2 times this week. Yes, my dinner has consisted of bagged lettuce, grape tomatoes and black beans for the past few days. Ugh…
But there are TONS of positives happening right now. Sit back for a break from food blogging…
1. So You Think You Can Dance….its back on tv and I’m ready. I watch crap tv most of the time (#1 People’s Court fan checking in!), but I consider this to be one of the best shows on tv. I have no idea if it is rigged or if the stories about Dirty Bird Mary Murphy are true. All I know is that I LOVE dance. I love to watch people to dance. I love to see people who may never have never had an opportunity to dance in front of millions of people get to do just that.
PS. If you watched last night, tell me that you didn’t cry when that mom came on with her kids and her little girl did her little ballerina dance! If you didn’t, you are either devoid of all feelings OR…you are lying.
2. Beach days!…I have my bathing suits clean and I’m armed with TONS of sunscreen. 80 degree temps are just around the corner and I’m ready. I’m ready to plop myself in my beach chair, with umbrella attached, and read craptastic books galore.
Note: That is NOT my chemistry book. My reading comes in the form of a magazine most of the time.
3. Mutt snores. Korkykins has been the recipient of my small bits of exercise this week. We have been walking the neighborhood at night and by the time he gets home he one tired pup. I <3 hearing him snore and knowing that despite my hectic schedule he is still one happy mutt.
4. Vacation planning…I’m not able to take any big trips this summer (waaahhhhh!), but I do have plans to take some time off in the early Fall. I’m in full on planning mode when I have free time. I’m dreaming big folks!
5. Beer. Yep.I said it. Beer is a lovely positive in my life right now. The Scientist and I are hitting up a few beer festivals in the next few weeks and I’m ready to learn to love some new beers. I’m still kind of on a high from my Dogfish Head trip too!
6. BONUS!…Kim Kardashian hasn’t gotten pregnant or married again. Stay with me for a minute here. I LOVE celebrity gossip. Go ahead. You can judge me. I’ll wait for you to close People.com out of your internet browser. If I had the smarts to keep all the spaces in my brain filled with celebrity gossip filled with math & science you would be calling me Dr. A Girl & Her Mutt. Instead I can tell you a little tidbit about almost any celebrity that you ask me about. True story. I have this skill on my resume. So I’m thankful that Kimmy hasn’t done anything that would require my full attention since I just don’t have the time for her right now.
So no good eats this week, but hopefully that turns around over the weekend!
See ya Monday!
What is one positive, but not necessarily serious, thing happening in your life right now?!