Sometimes I will post an Almost Wordless Wednesday post to show off some fun photos. Other times it is business as usual around here. Today I have officially named Whiny Wednesday. I’m about to let it all out and its all going to sound very whiny. And very, very wordy. I know what you are thinking and I’m ok with that. We all have our moments and this is mine.
[This photo was taken while waiting for a tow truck driver. We later realized that we BOTH were standing in ants.]
1. My right eye has been watering for 3 days straight. Seriously eye. Get with the program. I look like Korky when I paw at my eye and constantly feel like I have eye crusties going on. I don’t have an infection and I didn’t jab myself with my eyeliner (this time!). I was once told by my doctor that I had a lazy eye. Not one where when people talk to you that they don’t know where to look, but a fully functioning eye that just…well…wasn’t into doing it’s part. Right. Of course. So I think my lazy eye is being lazy and I’m going to need for it to get into shape.
2. My soul was crushed yesterday. I made a cheerful call to my hair stylist, who I have recommended to MANY people (including a few readers!), to set up an appointment to get my hair cut and colored. Despite desperately trying to pull off the “sun naturally made my hair blonde” look, my roots are starting to show. The salon is closed Monday and Tuesday so I literally called at 9:01 on Wednesday when they opened. I asked to make an appointment with my stylist and she said those dreadful words. “Oh, she no longer works here.” My exact response. “Nope. That will not work for me.” Seriously. I finally got someone who can tame my mop for just $30/haircut and she is gone! I tried to Facebook stalk her but I can’t find her. *sob,sob, sob* I was devastated. Thank you for the tweets of support yesterday.
3. There is a funky smell in my car. I thought maybe a melon or some tomato rolled out of one of my CSA bags, but I haven’t been able to find anything strange lurking in the crevices of my car. The smell is noticeable and it seems like everyone needs a ride these days. The minute people get in my car I give them the stink-eye and ask them if they just farted. Heh. Diversion away from the fact that it smells like I’m housing a dead body in my car.
4. “Naked ladies and burgers” is still the #1 google phrase that drives traffic to my blog. Ugh.
5. I’ve caught Korky licking water out of the bathtub no less than 5x this week. He has water and this is gross. There is constantly dog hair in my shower these days.
6. My house is overrun with vegetables. I love the CSA but it is starting to stress me out. I can’t even juice enough to keep up with it. Emails between Karen and I used to be about rainbows and puppies. Now it is how we hope it rains enough for Noah to build another ark. Ok, so I wouldn’t really wish bad fortune on my farm since they are such lovely people. But 10 lbs of tomatoes a week just is not working for me any more.
7. Yesterday evening a bag of quinoa randomly flung itself off a pantry shelf and opened the door just a bit. A large enough bit for Korky to get his nose in there and chew just a tiny little hole in the quinoa bag. I’ve vacuumed, swept and paper toweled the crap out of my kitchen floor and I still constantly am feeling quinoa wedged between my toes as I walk through the house.
Phew. That all felt really good. Oh, and before anyone gets upset. I’m perfectly aware that I have a great life. I just enjoy a good whine every now and then. Plus I get a chuckle out of the things I can get all up in a huff about.
See you tomorrow!
PS. I had to google whether it was whiny or whiney. For the record, either works.