Hello friends! For the past few years I have been making a list of fun things to do over the course of the year that I call my “X while X” list. This past year I had the 32 While 32 list. Some years have been a bit more successful than others and it gets harder as I get older. These aren’t resolutions, but more things that I think could be fun, talked about forever but still haven’t done, or would improve my life in some small way. Nothing major and definitely geared towards having a good time!
This past year I added a little bit of incentive to get things done by allowing myself to donate to a spa day for each item I marked off my list and donate to the local Humane Society for those that I did not. So not really a consequence to give to a charity that I support on a regular basis, but definitely a bonus to give to my spa day fund!
The final result…*Drumroll, please!*…
18 were completed for a total of $90 in the Spa Day Fund!
14 were not completed for a total of $70 in donation to the MSPCA!
Not too shabby, but still room for tons of improvement. All those fun things that I didn’t get around to doing because I was doing other fun things not on the list.
Of course, it is now a new year so I have a new list. READY FOR THE 33 WHILE 33?!
1. Visit the Mysic Aquarium.
2. Travel to a new state.
3. Visit a zoo.
4. Read 15 non-book club books.
5. Do something musical (learn an instrument, attend an opera, etc)
6. Sew 5 items.
7. Complete 3 30-day challenges.
8. Learn to bake macaroons and take them to a party.
9. Try 33 different beers and/or wines.
10. Run a 5k…again.
11. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.
12. Eat at a Tom Colichio restaurant.
13. Try 3 new-to-me workouts.
14. Participate in a murder mystery dinner.
15. Learn to play poker.
16. Organize, scan and store old photos.
17. See the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight.
18. Take Korky on a day trip.
19. Buy a car!
20. Make 5 non-recipe Pinterest items.
21. Hike 3 local trails.
22. Have a proper picnic.
23. Go vegan for a week.
24. Become scuba certified.
25. Really learn to ride my bike (gears, change tire, etc).
26. Try 5 new foods.
27. Host a DIY salad & pizza night.
28. Learn to open a coconut.
29. Walk to Mordor (according to my FuelBand).
30. Make at least 1 dish from each of my cookbooks.
31. Learn to make dog treats that Korky will actually enjoy.
32. Eat lobster in Maine.
33. Go skydiving!
The stakes are almost the same…for those items that I accomplish I get $5 towards a new bag fund. I’m thinking some top notch Michael Kors of some type. For those that I do not accomplish I will add $5 towards a donation to the Merwin Memorial Free Animal Clinic. <—Don’t worry. I donate on a regular basis, but this would be in addition to my yearly donation.
Wish me luck on my quest to cross of these 33 fun things and let me know if you have a list of your own! I would love to see your lists (and steal ideas for future lists! ;).