I know they say April showers bring May flowers, but what does freezing cold temps do? I’m happy to report that despite a rocky start to the month, we ended April with spring-like weather and I’m ready to dive head first into a new month.
This month I definitely got into a routine with my make-up. I was enjoying a nice tan thanks to my Caribbean vacation at the end of March so less make-up for me was the way to go. I also finally found a few fitness items that are officially must-haves for me.
2. Reebok Warm 1/4 Zip Long Sleeve Top– I bought this one at a Reebok outlet for just $15 and I’m in love with it. It is light, airy, and perfect for those cooler mornings/evenings. Bonus thumb holes too! I love the neon orange accents the most though. I found this one that is similar on the Reebok site.
Bonus Favorite: Old Navy Compression Capri Pants. These suckers can hold odors like no other workout pant, but they are SO comfortable. Plus, my butt looks good all sucked in and put in place in these pants. This is my first experience with compression items and I predict it won’t be my last.
3. Polar Heart Rate Monitor FT4- I bought this hrm shortly after returning from my cruise and I have fallen in love with it. I love the instant feedback and being able to track my workouts. I can physically see myself getting better and working harder each workout.
4. All Things Nautical– I’m obsessed with anchors, stripes, and all things red, white & blue. I love the classic look and the color combo so much! I’ve even dedicated a Pinterest board to my fave style.
5. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub– This product has been around forever and people have been raving about it for years. I just got on the wagon. My usual scrub was out of stock one day so I picked this up. It is definitely a little more coarse than I am used to, but it is perfect for those days I feel super grimy. A little goes a long way too! My skin is left feeling clean, refreshed and all scrubbed up.
6. NYC Sun n’ Bronze in Hamptons Radiance– My minimal make-up look for the month has included concealer, blush and this bronzer. The middle strips are perfect for contouring and adding some color to my face. The outer strips of pinkish-brown are great for adding a bit of “I was just out in the sun” look to a fading tan. Plus, this stuff is cheap! You can get it for less than $5 at your drugstore.
7. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum– I have no idea if this is really causing my lashes to grown, but it is making them SEEM longer. This is like a clear mascara that I put on at night. When I wake up and put my regular mascara on I can barely tell that the clear kind is there, but I can tell that my eyelashes are about 50% longer and fuller. It doesn’t dry my lashes out and doesn’t bother my eyes at all either. I have tiny little eyes that disappear when I laugh so I need all the length and fullness I can get out of my eyelashes!
Everyone having a good week? I’m starting off one of my first 30 Day challenges for my 33 While 33 list and I’m trying to do a No Spend May. I will fill you in on my rules for myself tomorrow!
In the meantime, let me know if you have any experience with compression socks. I’m thinking of trying them out.
See ya tomorrow!