Hi friends! It is almost the middle of September, but I had a few things that I absolutely loved in the month of August that were too good to not share! Be sure to check the bottom of the post for a fun little giveaway!
1. The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub– This scrub is PERFECT. It isn’t too rough, but rough enough to get the job done. The shea scrub is really moisturizing and my skin feels super soft when I get out of the shower. This particular scrub doesn’t have much of a scent and is a great base for when I want to use a more scented lotion.
2. The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter– I’m a huge fan of the body butters and this one ranks up there as a tie for #1 (Strawberry is the other one!). It smells just like peaches without being too sweet or overwhelming.
3. Covergirl Cheekers Bronzer in Copper Radiance– These suckers are cheap and perfect for a touch of color. I brush a little over the spots where the sun would naturally hit my face and I instantly look more alive. This will come in handy as we move into the Fall and my skin retreats into pants and long sleeves.
4. Cauliflower!- If you are a regular reader then you know that my go-to veggie lately is cauliflower. You can make so many things with it and it is so easy to cook! Plus it is full of all kinds of nutritious goodies!
5. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend– I *try* to limit my salt intake because of that pesky blood pressure issue I have. However, food can get really boring with no seasoning. Mrs. Dash has a variety of seasoning flavors, but my fave lately has been the Garlic & Herb. It is a perfect substitute for my beloved garlic salt.
6. Scivation Xtend– Swanson Vitamins contacted me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted to try out some items from their site. I was in the market for a BCAA to help with recovery and decided to give the Xtend a try. Just a few quick days after ordering I had a big tub of Watermelon Madness sitting on my counter. This is a sugar, calorie and carb free intra-workout catalyst that “features branched chain amino acids L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine to stimulate and support muscle protein synthesis and promote metabolic energy. It also delivers glutamine, vitamin B-6, citrulline, potassium, chloride and sodium.” Plus, the Watermelon Madness tastes great and mixes up really easily with water.
7. Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in #LUV U- I adore these Smoochies! They are smooth, but not waxy. They don’t really moisturize the lips but they don’t dry them out either. I would consider these more of a lipstick than anything. I have these in several colors, but the LUV U is a great universal color.
8. Bow Ring– I’ve mentioned my love of bows before and it is still a big love for me in August. I found this super cute ring at Forever 21 for $1.80!
9. Longchamp Le Pliage Bag– A friend of mine went to Paris a few weeks ago and I sent her on a quest to pick up a large black Longchamp bag for me. I knew they were cheaper there. She was successful! It is such a simple bag but perfect for my everyday needs. Plus, it goes with everything!
10. Aveeno Nourish & Moisturize Shampoo/Conditioner– This stuff is cheap and it does wonders for my hair! I find that it doesn’t build up so I don’t have to use a clarifying shampoo nearly as often. I have A LOT of hair and it is all thick. This stuff works wonders in making my hair soft and clean. Love it!
11. Tied Up Loose Ends Hair Ties– A few weeks ago I posted that I had some FSU gear on my Current Wish List. One of the items were these super cute hair ties that I found on Etsy. Long story short…Tied Up Loose Ends contacted me and offered me the opportunity to check out their hair ties.
The FSU animal print is so cute and we all know I love a good metallic and polka dot.
I tend to wear my hair ties as accessories sometimes more than I do in my hair. These hair ties keep their shape really well, even after wearing them for hours. All the super cute colors and patterns make it fun to add them to my wardrobe too. Remember that I can accessorize like a boss, right?!
Of course, the most important part is that they hold your hair in place. These do so swimmingly. I’ve been using them at the end of my ponytail or braid during my workouts and have had no issues.
*GIVEAWAY ALERT!* *GIVEAWAY ALERT*
Leslie from Tied Up Loose Ends has kindly offered to give a $10 credit to her store to one lucky AGAHM reader. You only have to do one thing to enter!
–Visit the Tied Up Loose Ends etsy shop and comment on this post with what your favorite hair tie is from her shop.
Easy peasy! Giveaway ends Sunday at midnight.
In addition to one winner, she is also offering AGAHM readers 10% off any etsy shop purchase —excludes custom orders for parties but does include a custom order of a pro or college team that isn’t listed. Just use code MUTT10 when placing your order. The code is good till 9/18 at midnight.
Let me know what one of your favorites from August was in the comments! See ya tomorrow with a Weigh-In Update!