I know that I’m supposed to say something like “Where has September gone?!” or something similar, but really…this past month was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it didn’t pass in the blink of an eye like it did for everyone else. However, I absolutely love October and I’m so excited for all the fun things I have happening this month!
Vacationing. Family visiting. Hoodie wearing. Eek!
But first…lets chat about what happened during this ridiculously long month and see how I did with my September Goals.
1. Go to bootcamp!- I’m happy to report that I am on the last week of bootcamp and I have made it every.single.time! There were a few times where I thought about skipping, but I knew if I went that I would be glad I did. I went and I was glad I did. Surprise! I absolutely LOVE boot camp. I like being outdoors and doing a different workout every single time. It combines my love for group fitness with my need for change constantly. Four weeks is the perfect length of time to see improvements and not get bored. I’m ready to move on to my next fitness adventure, but I will definitely think about signing up for another round in the spring. During the winter they hold it indoors and that just brings up too many memories of P.E. from back in the day. Uh…no thanks.
2. Stay in plan the entire month, including the weekends.- Wellllll, not exactly. During the week I am a superstar, but weekends are HARD! I have a really difficult time sticking to my 6 mini meals on Saturday and Sunday. I don’t eat horribly, but I’m also not doing what I would prefer to be doing. My workouts on the weekend are great, but I’m still struggling with staying on plan and sticking to a regular schedule. Those 2 days are rough! I am constantly battling my urge to sleep till noon.
3. Run 1x/week in addition to bootcamp.- DONE! I did treadmill bootcamp 3 times this month and then ran a few extra times during my 5 mile Challenge workouts. I’m definitely getting better, but my dreams of wearing a Minnie Mouse costume at a Disney marathon are getting smaller and smaller as my knee pains get bigger and bigger. Oh Mickey…
4. After dinner walk.- I would say I was half successful with this goal. I definitely could have done better! Most of the time I just forgot. Oops.
5. Hit 60 lbs by 10/9.- HA! I have 8 days for a miracle to occur.
So what is next?! Well, more goals, of course! TrulyJess is doing another #TrulyCommitted challenge on Instagram and I plan to play along.
PS. Two thumbs up for my uber matchy matchy workout outfit!
1. Hit the 60 lbs down. It has to happen at some point, right?!
2. Get back to yoga at least 1x/week. My usual spinning partner-in-crime, Megan, is doing a 30-day yoga challenge and I want to support her this month!
3. Log into MyFitnessPal every day. Even on those vacation days I want to just log in and track something to keep myself accountable.
4. Get consistent! Wake-up and go to bed at the same time. Why is this so hard?! I’m a grown woman with an alarm clock.
5. Enjoy my upcoming vacations, but not get out of control. One trip is focused on beer. But there is plenty of opportunity to get in some exercise and enjoy the great outdoors. No need to come back with a souvenir beer belly.
If you are on Instagram, you should totally join me (and thousands of other really supportive people)! If you aren’t on Instagram, get crackin’ on that.
I hope you guys are enjoying the first day of October! I can’t wait to bust out the cozy clothes and my fake fireplace.
See you soon with my September favorites.